Insights into the Tech@SG Programme
What is Tech@SG?
Tech@SG is a programme administered by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) and Enterprise Singapore, designed to help fast-growing tech companies connect with the talent they need to grow and scale their business in Singapore and the region.
How Can it Benefit Me?
The Tech@SG programme provides company-level endorsement to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). What this does is that it reduces the likelihood of rejection for companies’ Employment Pass (EP) applications to MOM. If your company is eligible to take part in the Tech@SG programme, here are a few benefits you can expect to receive:
- Up to 10 new EPs over two years for foreign employees who will be hired as part of your company’s team locally in Singapore
- Coverage for the first renewal of each new EP obtained under the programme
- Renewals that are valid for up to three years time
Am I Eligible to Apply?
The Tech@SG programme has separate requirements that need to be met for both the company and the individuals whom you are applying EPs for. Below we list out the respective requirements to enter the programme.
- The business entity must be registered in Singapore with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- The company must have a digital or technology offering as your core business product or service
- This includes instances where the company has a business model built on proprietary hardware and/or software technologies (ex: artificial intelligence / cybersecurity)
- Business activities under the following categories will not qualify for support: coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts, bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges, foot reflexology, massage parlours, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing businesses, employment agencies, geomancy businesses.
- The company has secured more than US$10 million (cumulative) in investment funding in the past 36 months
- The company has not received any form of funding from a programme-recognised investment firm in the past 36 months
- The applicant’s fixed monthly salary meets MOM’s minimum prevailing EP salary criteria being at least S$5,000
- The applicant must pass MOM’s background and due diligence checks
- The applicant is considered a senior team member (manager level or above only) whose role falls under core business functions and/or core technical functions such as:
- Core business functions: business development, human resources, finance, partnerships, strategy, general management
- Core technical functions: product management, product development, software engineering, product design, data science
How Do I Apply?
Before applying to the Tech@SG programme it is important to ensure you have done the following first:
- Incorporated your business entity with ACRA
- Obtained a CorpPass account from ACRA
- Enabled the EDB Form SG e-service for the CorpPass account that will be submitting the application
- Checked that your company meets the programme’s eligibility criteria and has prepared the relevant information for the application form
The process behind applying for the Tech@SG programme is as follows:
- If less than 30% of your company is owned by local shareholder(s), you can submit your Tech@SG application to EDB and your application will be reviewed within 10-15 working days
- However, for companies with 30% or more local shareholding, applications should be submitted to Startup SG, an entity under Enterprise Singapore
- Upon a successful application, you should set up an EP Online (EPOL) account, if you do not already have one. It will take five working days to process and it is needed to submit EP applications to MOM
- After you have received EDB’s endorsement under the Tech@SG Programme, you can then proceed to submit EP applications for your employees
- Lastly, after 10 successful EP applications or two years of support (whichever occurs earlier) EDB/Enterprise Singapore will notify you on the end of support.
Sprout with Us!
Sprout Asia wants to ensure you stay updated with the latest business news in Singapore! We offer budget-friendly corporate secretarial services to help you stay organised and informed. If you have any further questions about our services, feel free to reach out. We’ll respond within 24 hours.